Re: SMTP Authentication against database on separate POP/IMAP host

Am So, den 09.01.2005 schrieb Paul R. Ganci um 16:32:

> I want to setup SSL and authenticate our subscribers using the SMTP
> server against the PAM database kept on the host running the POP/IMAP
> servers. Has anyone done anything like this before? I am open to
> suggestions. I was hoping to avoid duplicating the PAM database on the
> SMTP server if I can. I would appreciate references to any
> documentation, references etc. Thanks.

> Paul (ganci@xxxxxxxxxx)

Current MTAs use SASLv2 for authentication checks. So on the SMTP server
- unfortunately you did not give any details about it - use the
saslauthd, configured to use rimap as MECH and authentication against
your IMAP server. See "man saslauthd" for details.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:30:49 up 17 days, 19:14, load average: 0.10, 0.29, 0.36