Re: How do you know?

Hi,

SuSE is in my opinion the worst distribution of all, it appears to be
aimed as a showcase for german managers, quick and painless setup,
colorful desktop, good localization but don't even remotely think about
changing anything not supported by the configuration tools. I fear that
even trying to understand their configuration scripts could cause brain
damage.

Debian is mostly used for server systems and very good at it. Their
priority is clearly aimed at very stable and well tested releases with
long product cycles. Most server software does not benefit that much
from upgrades as desktop applications and you can always take newer
packages from testing/unstable if needed.

Fedora is ideal in that it can support both desktop and server systems
very well and has a reasonable release cycle. It includes a good choice
of software for most tasks and comes with usable default settings.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89