Re: USB serial hardware handshaking quit ?

I found and fixed the problem.

The application that didn't work sent a data byte and immediately
checked cts only once.  If cts wasn't immediately high after sending the
byte, it generated an error.

I initially fixed the problem by introducing a time delay before
checking cts.  I'll convert it to a polled check in the near future.

I suspect what happened is that someone improved the performance of the
USB serial driver and thus it was done sending faster than it previously
was.  This caused it to check cts before it changed states and thus the
error.

As far as I can tell, the current USB serial driver for a PL2303 device
(as of 2.6.10-1.727_FC3) works fine.

Hope this helps someone.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.