Re: Oracle 9i on x86_64 Core 3

Michael,

The linking problem is not that bad.  It just means that you will have
to set up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH var in your environment and put it
your .bash_profile for future logins on your machine.  Something like
this:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib

That way the binaries from your oracle programs (like sqlplus) will be
able to find the bad-linked libraries during installation.

I tried installing Oracle 9i in FC3 and it was a pain, I couldn't do it
(Like always, old versions of Java are a major PITA).  So I installed
Oracle 10g and it was excellent.  Not a single error and the libraries
were linked without any problem so I didn't have to setup the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Cheers,

-William