Re: Fedora

Greetings
HBBliss@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have just succesfully dual booted Fedora to my computer (Thinkpad 600E), Windows 98 SE. My problem is that I cannot seem to get Linux/Fedora to recognize either the internal modem (Com 2 ttyS1)

May i ask , how do you know that your internal modem in Linux AND NOT in Windows
is on COM2/ttyS1 . ?
The fact that your internal modem under Windows might be on COMx doesn't mean anything about
Linux . For example i have a Lucent LT Winmodem under Windows XP Proffesional and Fedora Core 1 .
The thing is that under Windows it is connected on port "COM3" and under Linux on port "ttyLT0" a port
created by the modem driver .

Is it possible that you are facing a similar situation ?

or the
external modem (Com 1 ttyS0). My ISP is AOL, any help?

Thanks,

Howard