Re: USB jump drive

Rick Lim wrote:

Hi there,
Is anyone able to use a USB jumpdrive or equivilant on FC?

If so what brand and size?

Thanks.

I have a Lexar Media 1gig JumpDrive 2.0 pro. I have had the odd lockup but that is under FC1 and is related to another problem.

Note, some drives require that the file system be created as the old file system is Windows based and needs to be removed. Look at the manufacuters WWW site or the manual for details. Full HowTo for the one stick that one other person that I work with has. I cannot read his stick in the default format.

I've got a Kingston 128M that works rather nice. It's got a switch on the side to make it r/o if I want. I have had a couple problems getting it to unmount, but I think that was just me being in a rush, not thinking things through. It works well, and it's fast.

Thanks
-dant