Re: Firefox FTP problem

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 23:47:35 +0100 (CET), Helena Carlsson
<hlncarlsson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Maybe it is not the proper mail-list for this
> question, but I am asking it because Firefox is
> releasing with FC3. Firefox can not login and browse a
> FTP server. When I enter ftp address in firefox's
> address bar it just says Begining FTP transaction...
> and then a window appears: 530 login incorrect. Any
> help ?
>
> Helena

Do you have to login to the FTP server to which you are trying to
connect?  If so, you need to do something extra, probably.  Can you
connect to it with a command line FTP program?  If you need to login
with a username, try entering this in the address bar:
ftp://username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
If necessary, you will be prompted for a password.  Perhaps the FTP
server requires some simple password for user "anonymous" which is
used if no username is specified (ie like ftp://ftp-server.com/)
Which FTP server are you trying to connect to?

Jonathan