c-client library and header files

Hi,

I installed libc-client and libc-client-devel RPMs using yum update. Everything
went fine.

However, the header file shortsym.h installed in /usr/include/imap/ has all
these short symbols defined which are not found... where are these?

For instance, here are the errors:

#define auth_link a_link
#define auth_log a_log
#define auth_login_client al_cli
#define auth_login_server al_ser
#define auth_md5 a_md5
#define auth_md5_valid a5_val
#define auth_md5_client a5_cli
#define auth_md5_server a5_ser
#define auth_pla a_pla
#define auth_plain_valid ap_val
#define auth_plain_client ap_cli
#define auth_plain_server ap_ser
#define authenticate a_auth
#define authserver_login a_serv
#define body_encodings bencds
#define body_types btypes
#define compare_csizedtext cm_szt
#define compare_cstring cm_str
#define compare_ulong cm_uln
#define default_proto d_prot
#define dummy_append d_appn

My question is where are all these a_link, al_cli, al_ser, a_log, a_md5, etc
defined? I can not find it in any header file on my system....however the
install was clean.

Thanks for any pointers, and best wishes!