Re: USB jump drive

Robert L Cochran wrote:

Rick Lim wrote:

Hi there,
Is anyone able to use a USB jumpdrive or equivilant on FC?

If so what brand and size?

Thanks.

I have an A-Data 512 Mb which I've used on all but 2 of my "living" computers. (Some have died from acute slowness of the front side bus and CPU.)

Bob Cochran

Actually I also have a PNY Attache 256 Mb which works equally as well as the A-Data and a newish CompUSA 128 Mb model which also works great. The real problem is drive pricing, not system compatibility. Prices have dropped a lot, but are still insanely high. The cost per megabyte is really high at around USD 8.8 cents for the A-Data. I'd like to get a 20 Gb flash drive for no more than USD $20.00 which works out to 0.000976562 cents per megabyte. Now on 20 Gb, I can do some serious stuff.

Bob