Re: newbie installation

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 22:20, s l wrote:
> hi i am a newbie and i wanted to install fedora core 3
> on my dell - 128 Mb RAM, pentium III, 20 gig hardrive,
> with win me currently installed on it. i don't want to
> keep windows on it. do i format the hardrive before i
> install fedora? how do i format? what size should the
> partitions be? i saw on list that someone recommended
> making a separate partition for a future os or distro,
> room for swap space, and room for the general area of
> the hardrive. is this true? how much space should be
> in each?
> thanks alot!
> -david

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux. Just boot from the CD or DVD
and you can reformat and partition your disk during the install, there
is no need to do it before. You can do an automatic partition too where
FC will set up the swap file etc for you. You can also modify the
partition size to leave some space for another OS if you want to.

Rob