Re: squirrelmail does not send mail out in fc3?

Hongwei Li said:

> After running the above echo..., squirrelmail works normally.

Because now apache can run the sendmail command.

> Then, I
> change the config for squirrelmail, select smtp, and reboot the system, it
>  is working now.  So, it is selinux issue.

I bet if you re-enable selinux after selecting smtp it will work fine.

The problem is that selinux won't allow apache to run the sendmail binary.
 Disabling selinux is the sledge hammer approach, telling sendmail to use
SMTP works around the issue because apache won't be trying to execute a
binary.

--
William Hooper