Re: Portmap / Syslog do not start - glibc error?

Neil Marjoram wrote:
Alexander,

Thanks for this alls well now, sort of - just updated kernel to latest, now I have lost the DVD rom and the DVD writer!

Fun!

Neil.

actually my fix for the problem of syslogd and portmap not running was a simpler one. I just reinstalled those two packages and it took care of the problem without updating any kernel or glibc packages. I'm always loathe to do much if anything with the glibc package since doing so on more than one occassion has caused serious harm rather than good.

--
Mark

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then who's the father?"
Linux User Since 1996