Re: Portmap / Syslog do not start - glibc error?

Am Mi, den 29.12.2004 schrieb Neil Marjoram um 12:30:

> I think I may have a glibc problem, when starting syslog and portmap
> simular errors are produced. Alas with no syslog I cannot see any errors
> in the log files to give any futher information.
>
> I have also seen an audit error whilst booting (again not logged so this
> is what I was able to scrible down) audit: .... avc: ...denied :
> /usr/tls/libc.2.3.4.so, If this is important I will reboot a few time to
> get the full error wording.
>
> service portmap start:
> Starting portmap: portmap: error while loading shared libraries:
> libnsl.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied
>
> service syslog start:
> Starting system logger: syslogd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied

Its an error in conjunction with SELinux. I fear you will have to run
time consuming

restorecon -R /

> Heres what I have loaded :
>
> kernel-2.6.9-1.678_FC3
> glibc-2.3.4-2.fc3
> glibc-headers-2.3.4-2.fc3
> glibc-devel-2.3.4-2.fc3
> glibc-kernheaders-2.4-9.1.87
> glibc-common-2.3.4-2.fc3

As your glibc is updated I guess the selinux policy is updated too. I
think its worth a bug report as something like this shouldn't happen.

> Neil.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 12:42:11 up 6 days, 14:26, load average: 1.17, 1.13, 0.91