Re: FC3 + SELinux and mounting floppy as user

Michael Yep wrote:

Writing to a floppy would be a security hole. Thats why its not allowed. SE Linux is for high security applications

Whether or not writing to a floppy is a security hole, I am not sure this is being prevented by SELinux. Are you seeing
any AVC messages in the log file? This may be a DAC prevention. Try setenforce 0 and then try to work with the Floppy,
if the same problems happen, it is not an SELinux problem.

SELinux running targeted policy is not only for high security applications. The goal is to bring better security to all OS's.