Re: FC3 CD Media Check

--- Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
...______________________________________________________________________
> Searching this list's archive you can find out that
> the media check with
> FC3 is not reliable. For checking your CDs start
> with "linux ide=nodma".
> If it passes you can start installation without such
> an additional
> parameter (in most cases at least).
>
> Alexander

Hi.  I saw a post talking about a simple script which
just mounted the iso file then used a recursive
directory traversal and individual file checksum test
to see that the CD and the iso image are the same.  Is
there anything around freely available like this, or
does everybody have their own.  The post said that
this approach will show successful compares when linux
mediacheck says (incorrectly) that the media does not
pass.