Re: eject cd

Thornton wrote:
If I bootup FC2 I cant eject a CD from my drive.  Even by manually
pressing the button the cd drive it wont eject.  However if I am just
sitting in the bios it ejects fine and if I boot Windows.

Is something conflicting with this inside fedora?

If you put a data CD into the drive, Fedora will automount it at /mnt/cdrom by default. Either disable automounting or use the command
"eject /mnt/cdrom" to force a umount and eject.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
- VitalStream, Inc. http://www.vitalstream.com -
- -
- It is better to have loved and lost. Cheaper, too! -