Re: slmodemd dead but subsys locked -SOLVED

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Ronald K wrote:

> Thanks.. got a solution
> needed to stop the service altogether and then rm -f /var/lock/subsys/slmodemd
> also added slamr to "others" in /etc/rc.sysinit

If you want to avoid modifying rc.sysinit (a good idea, IMO), create the
script /etc/rc.modules with the appropriate modprobe command.  It is
executed by rc.sysinit (if it exists) early enough in the process that the
module will be loaded by the time slmodemd is started.  And it won't get
nuked next time you upgrade initscripts.

Alternatively, you could build slmodem using the ALSA driver.  I had it
working in FC2 with no problems, and no extra modules needed.  (Haven't
tried in FC3 yet.)

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences