Re: upgrading to Fedora3

--- "Rudra.M" <dr.rudra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hello list,
>
> I am using fedora1 and i would like to install
> fedora3.
> I need advice on the best way to go about this.
> If i download the software via Windows OS and burn
> the CD will i be
> able to install (i was told it will cause problems
> but i am not a
> technical person so i prefer asking the list members
> for help).
> Fedora1 has 3 CD's so how many CD's will FC3 need ?

  Fedora Core 3 has 4 cd's and a fifth rescue cd which
is optional.  You can also download the DVD iso which
is faster and probably easier.

> and If one CD runs
> out of space when burning then will the program
> work.?

Yes it will work but not a complete install.  You can
install Gnome or KDE but not all packages.

Do i need to
> burn all downloads on Cd before installing.
>
> thanks, RM
Yes you will need to burn the downloaded isos.  If you
need download two at a time and burn them.  Then
download the other two and burn.

> --

Hope this works for you!

Regards,