Re: new to fedora

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:06:25 -0500, John Hodges <j.d.hodges@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> T.Q. Publications wrote:
> > Anyone know of a book that is recommended. A  to the point book of commands, what
>  > they do and where files go, and what in the world is going on.. Thanks

I'm a newbie as well.  Two books I have found extremely helpful are...

Beginning Linux Programming by Wrox
ISBN: 0-7645-4497-7

Linux Pocket Guide by O'Reilly
ISBN: 0-596-00628-4

The Wrox book  goes through everything from filesystem basics, through
the shell, and to kernel development.  The O'Reilly book is a cool
book for finding commands and background information on virtually
anything, right when you need it.  It's also very handy if you are
mucking with your NIC and might not have a connection when you need to
find something.

Enjoy!

R/S
Ryan