Re: OT: Squid or iptables or something else?

On 11:35 23 Dec 2004, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I generally don't start OT threads in mailing lists, but this is such a
| high traffic list that it's perhaps the best place to ask this question.
|
| I have a client that wants to restrict access to the Internet to only
| one website for every employee, except two people: these two should not
| be restricted at all.
|
| I was at first considering using iptables, but after doing some
| searching on the net, I discovered that Squid could be used.
|
| Which approach would be better?

Squid. Much easier to configure and maintain.
Just set up iptables enough so that everyone must use the squid to get out.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

What's the point of having Nebraska if we can't put it to its highest and
best use?       - Patrick Bedard arguing for a 100 mph speed limit