Re: VSFTPD ftp server

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Helena Carlsson wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have installed VSFTPD ftp server program on a fedore
> 3 and it doesn't work. In fact when I try to connect
> ot my ftp server it asks for a username and password,
> but I don't know how can I create a username and
> password and specify FTP folders. I have read some
> instructions but it didn't help. It also has some
> issuses about PAM and virtual user and standalone ftp
> server which I can not understand completely. Has
> anybody any exprience with VSFTPD or can you suggest
> any other ftp program which could have at least a
> mailing list or good instructions ?

The first question is "what are you trying to do?".

If it is asking for a username and password, then the program is working,
just not configured the way you want it.

Are you trying to set it up for anonymous access or for specific users to
access files?  If you have specific users, do you want them to be able to
see some or all of the filesystem?

Anonymous files go under /var/ftp/pub.

By default, both anonymous and local user accounts are available.

Without understanding what you are trying to do it is hard to give you
more information that will be useful.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.