VSFTPD ftp server

Hello everybody,

I have installed VSFTPD ftp server program on a fedore
3 and it doesn't work. In fact when I try to connect
ot my ftp server it asks for a username and password,
but I don't know how can I create a username and
password and specify FTP folders. I have read some
instructions but it didn't help. It also has some
issuses about PAM and virtual user and standalone ftp
server which I can not understand completely. Has
anybody any exprience with VSFTPD or can you suggest
any other ftp program which could have at least a
mailing list or good instructions ?

Thanks,

Helena Carlsson