(no subject)

In FC3, I tried to update the following packages through up2date:

openoffice.org
openoffice.org-i18n
openoffice.org-libs

These were to be updated from 1.1.2-11.4.fc2 to 1.1.2-11.5.fc3 (i386
architecture) using the updates-released-fc3 channel. This was a bit
odd since my architecture is x86_64 (I used FC3-x86_64-disc?.iso for my
update; my FC2 install was also for x86_64)). But I suppose that there
is no x86_64 package for Open Office. At any rate, I got the following
error message:

-------------------------
Test install failed because of package conflicts: The following
packages were added to your selection to satisfy dependencies:

Name Version Release
--------------------------------------
audiofile 0.2.6 1
audiofile 0.2.6 1
esound 0.2.35 2
esound 0.2.35 2
evolution-data-server 1.0.2 3
gnutls 1.0.20 3
libgcrypt 1.2.0 3
libgnome 2.8.0 2
libgpg-error 1.0 1
libsoup 2.2.1 1
alsa-lib 1.0.6 5

package audiofile-0.2.6-1 is already installed
package esound-0.2.35-2 is already installed
-------------------------

Some background about my computer:

I had recently upgraded from FC2 to FC3. I first did a backup. My first
upgrade attempt led to a non-booting system. I restored from backup
(without reformatting first--so new files from FC3 were still there). A
web search of my symptoms led me to the problem: I had forgotten to
change xorg.conf to use the nv video driver rather than the nvidia one
(necessary because the nvidia driver requires a reinstallation with
each new kernel). So I made the change and tried again. This time it
booted fine.

I'm not sure I understand the error message correctly.  The best I can
figure is that the Open Office update requires I install release 1,
version 0.2.6 of the audiofile package which I can't do because I
already have release 1, version 0.2.6 of the audiofile package
installed (and similarly for esound).  I'm *guessing* that Open Office
depends on FC3 packages of audiofile and esound, but that I have FC2
packages already installed.  I'm *guessing* that rpm does not want to
install the FC3 packages over the FC2 packages with the same version
number--and that this includes audiofile and esound.

My best guess is to remove the audiofile and esound packages (ignoring
dependencies) and then try to update Open Office again.  But I would
like to do a *little* better than a guess.  :-)  Advice?

Thanks in advance.

jmnorris