Re: Ownership

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Rick Raetz wrote:

I have just installed Fedora 3 plus updates and as a first time user
from Microsoft Windows, I have a little problem on installing by
download from the Net. I follow instructions and then when I try to
access a folder, I am unable to change permissions. I keep getting the
message "you are not the owner and cannot change permissions"

I suppose I need to understand commands more?

To change permissions of a file/directory, you'll either have to be the owner of that file/directory or be the superuser. That's basically what the error message is trying to tell you. You can probably find some good tutorial off the net by searching Google (e.g. search for 'file permissions').

Regards,

.lzs
--
Lai Zit Seng