Re: nVidia related errors after yesterday's SELinux updates?

Marc Schwartz wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 09:33 -0500, S. Bandyopadhyay wrote:

snip

i got exactly the same problems (actually i got them while
installing packages, i don't let up2date install
packages... do so manually). there were a whole bunch of
/sbin/ldconfig errors not all limited to nvidia... some were
libasound, other libboost etc. and after a reboot i couldn't
login b/c libasound.so.2 was not found etc.

with selinux disabled everything worked. with selinux
enforcing, the errors multiplied.

so i ran

/sbin/fixfiles relabel

(on the entire file system) after booting into single user
mode. i wiped off the /tmp as well (don't think it is
necessary) as part of fixfiles

then ran /sbin/ldconfig

this seems to have fixed the problem.

Yep. Thanks, that fixed the problem.

I did not clean out /tmp, just as an FYI, to see if this was required.
Seems not.

Thanks again,

Marc

I had the same problems with the nVidia driver after yesterday's
updates. So I tried re-installing the 6629 drivers and got the
same errors you listed above. Took me a while to figure out that
it was SELinux related, but was good reason to learn more about
SELinux (since I have it enabled).

The way I got around the problem was to temporarily turn off
SELinux by running

setenforce 0

then I could re-install the nVidia drivers. All works again now.

--Kenny