Re: More sound issues

Terry Polzin wrote:
On Tuesday December 21 2004 15:38, Wayne Leutwyler wrote:

I think I know whats happening to you. I had the same problem when I
started to use FC3 and KDE. Here is how I got it fixed. I had to delete
my ~/.kde directory. Something got messed up with KDE and sound. This
happened after the 1st login to KDE while sound was not working on the
system. When this happened someting got messed up in the KDE sound config.

You could test this by creating a new user and logging in to KDE and
setting up the startup and shut down sounds. Then logout and back into
KDE with that user. Your sound should be working just fine. The only way
I know to fix it would be to delete your ~/.kde directory from your
normal user ID.

The way I went about deleting my ~/.kde was like this.

1. Logout of KDE
2. press <ctl> + <alt> + <f1> to get to a terminal session
3. login as your normal user ID.
4. mv .kde .kde.old
5. exit
6. press <alt> + <f7> to get back to gui login.

Setup your sound the way you want them and see if your problems go away.

Let me know if this helps.

No cigar, Wayne.  Cranked up I/p and o/p in kmix and alsamixer still silence.

You get no sound at all? Or just on certian things?

what happens if you go to Control Center then go to Sound System, and hit the test sound button? Do you hear music?

what hardware is Sound System using? Mine is using ALSA.

--
Wayne Leutwyler - RHCT, CNA
Linux Admin / DBA