VMWare and FC3 issue ( was FC3 and VMWare)

here's my issue

installed VMWare workstation 4.5.2 (I think)
run the vmware-config.pl  ..  ok to this point
installed guest OS (WIN2K) .. still ok a this point.
everything is ok....

reboot laptop ..

try to run vmware .. I have to run the vmware-config.pl again to make it work. everytime I reboot I have to run the vmware-config.pl script to make it work again. I know there is something I am not doing. I tried to read about it and I thought you have to rebuild the kernel and include the new modules in the new build?? does that make sense?? I have never had to rebuld the kernel yet. I am not against it, but I don't know how.

well, there is my issue .... any thoughts?

--
Don Dupy

FC1 - Kernel 2.4.22 - Dell Poweredge 600SC
http://www.maxxrad.net
email: fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx