Re: Which is my USB device?

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:43:34 -0600
"Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjbottaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I also have a KDE question.  Is there anyway to automatically mount my
> camera as a USB file system when it is plugged into my laptop?  Is
> there a way to detect that it is a camera?  I don't want to mount
> *every* USB thing plugged into my laptop as a USB filesystem...

The short answer is yes. There is a native KDE volume manager (kvm),
though this only seems to be available via CVS at the moment
(http://webcvs.kde.org/kdenonbeta/kvm/).

However gnome-volume-manager works well and you don't need to run gnome
to run it (though of course you need the libraries). I have it running
quite happily with an fvwm session. This recognises my camera via USB or
the compact flash card via pcmcia adapter and fires up 'gthumb -import'
- you could set this to start anything you like.

Regards,

Chris