Re: Not to whine, but...

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
I recently posted a message to this list asking about an issue I'm having
with my network card functioning sporadically under the 2.6.x.SMP kernel. No responses.

I'm not upset about not receiving any responses, but I am curious: I've
Googled on this issue until my fingers bleed, and I've found that there
have been several other people who've experienced similar issues, but I
have found no solutions to date.  When I browse archives of other lists
where a similar problem is reported, no responses were offered there
either.

Is this an insignificant problem?  Or simply so rare that there has been
no attention paid to it?  Did I ask my question badly and offend someone?

What type of network card are you using? Are you losing connections completely or having packet loss type of errors? does your card have some auto-negotiate setting that might cause mode shifting?

lspci should give information regarding your hardware.

btw - I did not see the other message posting.

Jim

--
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.