Re: Error on first bootup

Sen Chao Fang wrote:
I just installed FC3 for a trial but am unable to log on.  After the
initial log entries scroll down the screen all I get is:

INIT: version 2.85 booting
INIT: Entering runlevel 5
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast.  disabled for 5 minutes

The "respawning" line is repeated every 5 minutes and that's as far as I
can get.  I even tried re-installing the whole thing over but get the
same results.

Any suggestions?

Most likely it is the wrong video card driver picked. Does it start OK in text mode?

Regards,
Ed.

P.S. if you type the error into google, there's a lot of entries there with people who've had and fixed your problem.

Regards,
Ed.