RE: General request .. Dismal performance of core 3 ..

Sundara,

It is also interesting to note that the system design philosophy of Red Hat
has always been to sacrifice performance for stability. At, least that has
been my observation when comparing Red Hat to other distros. IE, chose the
lowest common denominator amongst hardware settings which is more likely to
work on a wider range of machines. From a disto's perspective this is no
doubt the safest route. I distincly remember having to tweak hdparm in RH 9
to get better I/O performance out of my disks. These tweaks are not hard to
find.

It will be very interesting to look at your bookmarks, maybe there is a way
of improving performance without sacrificing stability on the wide number of
machines running Red Hat and related distros, (Fedora, Tao, White Box, etc)

Thanks