Re: Fedora vs Tao vs CentOs as servers

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 05:45:14PM +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Ed Wilts wrote:
> > You won't see your system going to Brazil or Sweden to get security
> > updates (changeable in FC3, but the default is to wherever the heck it
> > wants to).
>
> Not that there's any problem with this.

There are 2 problems with this:
1.  Frequently, the desktop applet that says updates are available
doesn't end up giving you a server where the updates are present.  Yes,
you can keep re-launching up2date until you get a server that has the
updates, but it's annoying.

2.  The performance downloading from a site in Brazil isn't as good as
downloading from within the United States.  I expect the folks in Brazil
have the same problem with United States sites.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA