Strange Network issues under FC2 SMP kernel

Get this.

Whenever I boot my computer with the 2.6.x.FC2smp kernel, my network
card behaves very strangely: connectivity is sporadic at best, and many
connections time out completely.  Pings even to other computers on my
own network indicate packet drops of up to 94% (except for 127.0.0.1, of
course).  When I boot into the non-SMP kernel, though, I don't
experience this problem.  All of the network settings are the same
whether I boot into SMP or not.

I've examined dmesg, of course, and there seems to be some sort of IRQ
problem.  Here is part of dmesg:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e601.
  diagnostics: net 0cfa media 8880 dma 0000003a fifo 0000
eth0: Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ blocked by another
device?
  Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 64(0) current 64(0)
  Transmit list 00000000 vs. 1a668200.
  0: @1a668200  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  1: @1a6682a0  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  2: @1a668340  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  3: @1a6683e0  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  4: @1a668480  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  5: @1a668520  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  6: @1a6685c0  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  7: @1a668660  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  8: @1a668700  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  9: @1a6687a0  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  10: @1a668840  length 8000002a status 0001002a
  11: @1a6688e0  length 8000004d status 0c01004d
  12: @1a668980  length 8000004d status 0c01004d
  13: @1a668a20  length 8000004d status 0c01004d
  14: @1a668ac0  length 8000004d status 8c01004d
  15: @1a668b60  length 8000004d status 8c01004d
eth0: Resetting the Tx ring pointer.

I've gone into the network configuration tool several times, and reset
everything I could think of, even changed the IRQ value.  Nothing seems
to help.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--
Richard S. Crawford / http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K / ICQ: 11646404 / Y!: rscrawford