Re: Problem whith TV card no /dev/video0

Claude Petrini wrote:

I tryed "mknod /dev/video0 c 81 0" but when I reboot the device video0 is missing again.

This is from memory so the details may not be 100%, but try the following.
Figure out what module needs to be loaded for your video card.
If you can figure that out, then if it were 'mymodule' try
modprobe mymodule
If that makes /dev/video0 appear then add a line to /etc/modprobe.conf
alias /dev/video0 mymodule
which should make it load when you try to access that device, so it will still work after rebooting.

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021