Re: kernel modules

Am So, den 19.12.2004 schrieb g.tilghman@xxxxxxx um 2:19:

> I must not have something configured, even when i su and put in my password and I am in root, lsmod and insmod
> and the like still say command not found.  They are THERE!  I went to /sbin and they are all there.  Aparently I dont
> have the kernel configured to load modules.

> Gregg

How did you configure your kernel to not load modules? I just wonder.

If you are root and in /sbin directory calling a binary in there will
not work. Because parent directory is not in root's path.
To load modules use modprobe and not insmod.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:36:05 up 8 days, 21:16, load average: 1.13, 1.38, 1.51