Re: DHCP configuration

Claude Jones ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 18/12/2004 23:17:

Brian Richardson wrote:
| Claude Jones wrote:
| || I am still very new to Linux. I am trying to configure a
|| machine to act as my firewall on my broadband connection,
|| which is working, and to serve as DHCP server to my LAN. I've
|| been looking for two hours for simple explanations, but, most
|| of what I'm finding is very old, and contradictory. Can
|| someone point me to a resource? Also, I seem to see references
|| to a graphical DHCP administrative tool for KDE but I can't
|| find this - is this installed with FC3, or is it something
|| that I have to add? || || | I'm guessing you just need a dhcpd.conf file that
| looks like this: | | option ddns-update-style none;
| option domain-name "mydomain.org";
| | subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
| range 192.168.1.100 192.168.1.199;
| option routers 192.168.1.1;
| option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2;
| }
| | Mind you, this is just off the top of my head. See
| dhcpd.conf(5) to figure out how to correct my syntax errors ;)

Thanks for the timely response, Brian. When you say "See
shcpd.conf(5)" to correct syntax errors, unfortunately, you lose
me. Where do I 'see' this? There is currently no dhcpd.conf file
at all on my installation.

Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA

Is Bind installed??
Anyway I suggest to use Webmin to manage DHCP module graphically.

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
    Uso Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
		www.montagnani.org