Re: DHCP configuration

Claude Jones wrote:
| Mind you, this is just off the top of my head. See
| dhcpd.conf(5) to figure out how to correct my syntax errors ;)

Thanks for the timely response, Brian. When you say "See
shcpd.conf(5)" to correct syntax errors, unfortunately, you lose
me. Where do I 'see' this? There is currently no dhcpd.conf file
at all on my installation.

dhcpd.conf(5) is shorthand for "see the manpage for dhcpd.conf in section 5 of the manual." This is a rather common Unix-ism that you should be familiar with. A simple 'man dhcpd.conf' should find it for you. See man(1) for information about how the Unix manual is constructed.

Brian
--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer