Still a complete system freeze when low on virtual memory..

Hi!

If I run a memory intensive application and accidentally start a second instance in a different window, the computer freezes completely and needs a hard-reset with Fedora 3.

In previous times, I could often at least kill the X-server and all applications with Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, or even better just close the console where I started the program. But no luck anymore nowadays..

I really like Linux very much, so I can't imagine this is the way it's meant to be played...
Are there any configuration tricks that Google did not tell me?

Thanks for your help,
Elmar

--
Elmar Krieger, PhD
YASARA Biosciences & CMBI Outstation Austria

                Ww
              c(@@)c
=WHAT IF YASARA knows the answer?!=
=----- http://www.yasara.org -----=