Re: Compiling a disabled module in FC2

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:17:41PM +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 16.12.2004 schrieb Håkan Persson um 22:11:
>
> > I would like to add a module that is not compiled by the default
> > configuration for the kernel (I am using 2.6.9-1.6_FC2).
> >
> > I have the kernel source and I know how to compile a new kernel and
> > modules and use these, but is it possible to just compile the missing
> > module and make that load into the standard FC kernel?
>
> > Håkan
>
> Yes, it is possible. Please read the FC3 release notes, it contains
> information about how to do this.

A hint might be to look at the nVidia steps to compile the nVidia
module.  In FC3 the kernel packaging has changed so that you do not
need the old kernel source packages as you once did.

The new packaging has simplified things, it is just us old timers
that want to do it the old way that are having troubles. Look at the
newer postings not the older archives on this topic.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.