MySQL files and FC3

 Re: MySQL and FC3
 From: Jay Scherrer <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: Jay Scherrer <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 On Friday 17 December 2004 05:37 pm, you wrote:
 I noticed that FC3 doesn't list the mysqld in
 server-settings-services. After loading FC3, I spent all day
 trying to load the mysqld server. I thought the message:
 "[jay@gimpit jay]$ mysql
 ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
 '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"
 was a FC3 socket problem but once I reinstalled FC1 I got the
 same message. Now I know the error was from trying to logging
 into a non existent mysql server. Where do  you turn mysqld on in
 FC3? Do we have to run ./configure first? I could only find
 system calls in the "/usr/lib/mysql directory."

 Jay Scherrer