Second Request: Changing default apps

I'm wondering how Evolution and FireFox got so tightly tied into the O/S, and how the hades do I change the default mail/web-browser bindings from Evolution/Firefox to Mozilla and KMail?

Can someone please point me to a "switchdesk" type app which will automagically reconfigure MY personal settings to use KMail instead of Evolution for all email and Mozilla instead of FireFox?

I've looked at the Launchmail script, but I can't figure out what to change where to get KMail to run instead of Evolution. I changed the one instance of "evolution" to "kmail" but it still launches Evolution by default!

C'mon, I'm not exactly a N00bie here... I've been running RedHat for the past several years, but RedHat, in their infinite wisdom have chosen to force Evolution and Firefox on me, neither of which I like!

So, please... someone tell me how to reconfigure FC3 to use KMail for MY default mail client and Mozilla for my default HMTL viewer?

Thanks.