Re: switching to root from desktop

soraberri wrote:
<snippage>

thanks Mike
from your words I understand that there isn't actually a direct way to switch to a root sesion as if you had eventually loged in as root, rigth?. Well, I think it makes sense if we think about Linux process management so every and each process is running with particular privileges...
Anyway, it could be interesting to run the file manager as root without the need of the terminal, or even switch to root from the file manager itself. Do you know if it's possible?

depends on the file manager. emelfm2 can do such a thing. it actually has an su button.
Best, Mike