Re: Printing Problems (2nd request)

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Joseph McCrary wrote:

Please help. If I cannot fix this printing problem, I will have to
abandon Linux for the hated world of Windoze!!!

Two weeks ago, I no longer could send a document to either printer. I've
got two printers connected, both of which used to work fine. One is a
Canon S600 connected to a USB port. The other is a HP LJ 6MP connected
through my local network. Both worked fine previously.

Whenever I try to print from a program (e.g., Firefox), the only printer
available is the PostScript default. Previously, both printers were
listed, with the HP as the default printer.

When I try to print a test page, I get this error:

lpr: error - unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

I'm running Core 3, and have done all of the updates. I downloaded and
installed the latest version of CUPS (1.1.22). That did not help.

Do you have a firewall running?  Try using system-config-securitylevel to
add 631:tcp to the list of open ports (on the machine with the printers
attached).

[...]

Please help.

Joe

Thanks Matt. We solved it earlier by changing the IP address in one of the configuration files.

Joe