re: gdmXnest & gdmXnestchooser

I am trying to setup xnest (never done it before) so that I can quickly
move between two users (both of them me).

When I run gdmXnest as root, even for help, I get:

"# gdmXnest

(gdmXnest:7927): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session
manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
DISPLAY=:20

** (gdmXnest:7929): WARNING **: Can't exec, trying Xnest

** (gdmXnest:7929): WARNING **: Can't exec that either, giving up
"

find gives me:

"/usr/bin/gdmXnest(link broken)
/usr/bin/gdmXnestchooser:

Obviously, I am doing something basically wrong.  Some authentication is
not set up properly, or something in my gdm Configuator ?? (another
error message) but what?

Very little help available on google, none in man, info or gnome help.

Regards Bill