Re: WINE in FC3

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 10:27 -1000, Amy M wrote:
> . . . .  plus, several government sites only allow IE), but I
> must say that I am quite impressed (again, not with, IE6 but the way
> CrossOver Office was able to allow IE6 to run in FC3).

IE6 runs quite well in the new version of WINE without XOO. BTW, There
is a user agent extension to Firefox that identifies it as IE. I also
found that if you install java from a windows installation of Firefox it
will work in IE (trying to install it from IE doesn't seem to work).

I find XOO to be rather, well, ponderous. Ultimately, IMHO, the best way
to occasionally run a windows app on a Fedora machine is to set up dual
boot. In the end it is easier, faster and far more stable. Of course the
YMMV note surely applies.

> David Cary Hart wrote:
>
> >Not really. More Office apps work better in the CrossOver Office
> >adaptation of wine. Frontpage is broken either way.

Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com