Re: Up2date icon freezing

Timothy Payne ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 15/12/2004 16:12:

I tried to start rhn-applet-gui from a terminal and I get:

rhn-applet-gui
File "/usr/share/rhn/rhn_applet/rhn_applet_model.py", line 368, in fully_initi alized self.__build_sources()
File "/usr/share/rhn/rhn_applet/rhn_applet_model.py", line 134, in __build_sou rces rhn_utils.log_debug("Failed to initialize source %s for %s : %s %s" % (
KeyError: 'url'

the icon is started on the panel but is completely frozen. RHN Update works fine

Any hint??

--
Antonio

I've found that opening a terminal and su - root then run up2date -u
works better than the GUI version. It will tell you what mirror it went
to and the error. If it hangs hit Ctrl + C and the up arrow and enter
to start over. In a minute or so the icon turns blue again for me,
your's sounds funky (technical term) try putting the icon some where
else if you have two menu bars. Or if it bugs you delete the thing and
do the command line option every so often.

Good luck, and my your computer HEAL thy self!

Tim...

Tim,

tnx for you reply.
I can't understand why suddenly icon froze, but I think that it is connected to the last lines of the rhn-applet-gui start-up in terminal

("Failed to initialize source %s for %s : %s %s" % (
KeyError: 'url'

But as I am not an expert of Linux, I am waiting that some guru can solve this (small) problem......please note that this is a problem only on one computer, not the one I am using to write just now. The regular update works fine.

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
    Uso Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
		www.montagnani.org