Re: Up2date icon freezing

Randy ha scritto / wrote  il / on 13/12/2004 15:13:

Up2date in gnome freezes for me very often. I've seen it with slow up2date sites, and also when I select more than about five updates. Sometimes it works with more than five, but usually it doesn't. I usually end up killing it and then selecting less updates the next time around, which usually works. The good news is that stuff that was already downloaded doesn't need to be re-downloaded. :-) On the rare occasion when I've selected ten updates, usually two restarts will help it finish. (For me, it always locks up between downloads) Line speed isn't the problem. I have 512k DSL.