Re: Network Card Installation FC3

Andoni wrote:
Hi, that didn't work but the card is a 3Com 3C509B so I tried 509 instead of
your ..501 and it worked!!!
Now when I do "ifconfig" it comes up with both interfaces!!

Now I can ping and all!!! Rejoice!!!

For some reason telnet does not seem to like the address yet but that maybe
a firewall issue???  I'll look into it further before getting back to this
list!

Telnet (server) is not installed by default because the protocol involves sending the password in clear text over the network. Is there any particular reason you don't want to use ssh instead?

Paul.