Re: guest account

I don't remember where I saw it - I think on a kiosk howto - but I think there is a way to disable an account from being able to open a shell.

I don't remember how it was accomplished - I think something was installed that would watch for instances of gnome-terminal and xterm etc. spawned by the user and kill them when started.

You might be able to put something in the .bashrc that would kill the shell - but that would I think prevent the gui from staring as well.