Re: Replace kernel with newer rpm on install?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:21:47 -0500, J. Epperson <epperson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FC3 has a bug that keeps my megaraid driver from getting built, so I
need to be able to patch in a rawhide FC4 test kernel, which is supposed
to have the problem fixed.  Can I just run an install and tell it this
is an additional package I want installed, after burning it to a CD?

If you havent got fedora installed then you can go ahead and install it. get the kernel rpm from fc rawhide and install it. try booting into it to see if it works.

Make sure that the bug in megaraid is known and confirm whether they
intend to release a update for fc3 itself

check this directory first

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/

Bug 135484. FC3 new install won't find drives at all; install FC2, then update results in completion of update, but unbootable system. How would you go about installing the RPM on an unbootable system?